Thursday 12 May 2016

The Rose and the Dagger

The Rose and the Dagger

I didn't know what I was expecting but it wasn't this. I was quite disappointed in this book. 

Because:
1. There were not as many romance as I would like.
2. The curse was broken almost too easily and it sounded fake to me. 
3. The ending was sweet but I guess I expected more after the first book. It seems like the author may have rushed the ending but I don't know.

What I do like about this book is how well the characters evolved and became stronger. They each have their own voice that is very different and it takes a lot for a writer to develop such complete characters whiles joggling between them when writing. I also love how the story somehow teaches us to forgive but never forget and how to be selfless when it comes to love ones. 

I don't want to give anything away but the story was so well built in the first book that I expected more dramatic ending. But, of course, I do have a weird taste in mystery, thriller, and drama. I want them to either go overboard or to never surface on shore. 

It was a good and easy read. Would definitely recommend it if you loved the Court of Thorns and Roses series because they both revolved around the story of Beauty and the Beast. 

hugs and kisses

No comments :

Post a Comment