Tuesday 5 January 2016

We'll Always have Summer


“He didn’t give me flowers or candy. He gave me the moon and the stars. Infinity"

We'll Always have Summer

This book has drama in every single page. Don't get me wrong, it's not the Kardashian drama I'm talking about. It's the type of drama you have when you are in love with two boys and they are both brothers. ohhhboyyy what a headache. 

Belly have only ever loved two boys in her life. Her first, Conrad Fisher, who broke her heart but even so, every little broken piece of her still loves him. Then came Jeremiah Fisher, her past, present, and future, her best friends and her saver. After Conrad breaks up with Belly and left to California, Jere comes into Belly's life, fixes her broken pieces and makes her fall in love with a Fisher again. 

When Jere and Belly were about to break up, they notice how much they needed each other, how much being apart hurts both of them, and how much darker tomorrow will be if they could not have each other today. Jeremiah and Belly then decide to get married. However, even with all her broken pieces fixed, each of them still holds feelings for Conrad. When Conrad comes back for the summer, Belly is unable to get her heart and mind to work together. She cannot decide what to let go and what to hold on to. When she has to choose between the two brothers, will she choose the one who is her first love but broke her heart or will she choose the one who fixed her but knows she cannot fully commit her love to? 

In my opinion,  the characters here are a little childish but to be fair, they are all just high school lads getting married at 18 years old. Don't we all make stupid mistakes when we are in high school? To me, Conrad and Jere have a very strong personality in them, even though they are brothers they are totally different. Conrad is more calm, mature, quiet, and mysterious. Jere is more fun, adventurous, playful, and charming. Belly, on the other hand, is a mess. She cannot get her mind to decide and her heart to follow. She kind of reminds me of myself. I am the worst at making decisions and if I am in Belly's shoes, I would just run and hide. However, I did learn one thing from my many years of bad experiences and decisions, and that is: You can only make decisions for yourself, no one, not even your parents or your other half, knows what you want and what matters to you most. They can only give you advice, it's your responsibility, over yourself, to make the decision that is best for you. I always have this little saying whenever I don't know what to do, "if your head and heart doesn't know what to do, go with your gut." Although your gut is behind, it will always have your back. (get it? *wink)

In the end, Belly finally makes the decision that is right for her. The choices she made may hurt, it may leave scars, and it may be wrong but it is what she wants, it is what matters to her. It's not selfish to make decisions based on what you want, it's self-love. It's selfish to make decisions for others to get what you want and it's selfish to make decisions because everyone wants you to, more people will get hurt that way. 

I hope ya'll had a lovely holiday and a wonderful new year. This is my first post for 2016! Let's make an adventure out of 2016 !

hugs and kisses


No comments :

Post a Comment